Determine the demand for products and services offered by a firm and its competitors and identify potential customers. Develop pricing strategies with the goal of maximizing the firm's profits or share of the market while ensuring the firm's customers are satisfied. Oversee product development or monitor trends that indicate the need for new products and services.
Enterprising - Enterprising occupations frequently involve starting up and carrying out projects. These occupations can involve leading people and making many decisions. Sometimes they require risk taking and often deal with business.
1. Formulate, direct and coordinate marketing activities and policies to promote products and services, working with advertising and promotion managers.
2. Identify, develop, and evaluate marketing strategy, based on knowledge of establishment objectives, market characteristics, and cost and markup factors.
3. Direct the hiring, training, and performance evaluations of marketing and sales staff and oversee their daily activities.
4. Evaluate the financial aspects of product development, such as budgets, expenditures, research and development appropriations, and return-on-investment and profit-loss projections.
5. Develop pricing strategies, balancing firm objectives and customer satisfaction.
6. Compile lists describing product or service offerings.
7. Initiate market research studies and analyze their findings.
8. Use sales forecasting and strategic planning to ensure the sale and profitability of products, lines, or services, analyzing business developments and monitoring market trends.
9. Coordinate and participate in promotional activities and trade shows, working with developers, advertisers, and production managers, to market products and services.
10. Consult with buying personnel to gain advice regarding the types of products or services expected to be in demand.
11. Conduct economic and commercial surveys to identify potential markets for products and services.
Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
Communications and Media - Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
Job Zone Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Education: Most of these occupations require a four - year bachelor's degree, but some do not.
Training: Employees in these occupations usually need several years of work-related experience, on-the-job training, and/or vocational training.
The college search results are undergraduate programs associated with Marketing Managers. Further education may also be required to pursue this career.
The training search results include both short and long-term programs associated with Marketing Managers, and may be more appropriate for adult and non-traditional students. Further training may also be required to pursue this career.
Headlines Newsview all
Reggae musician and radio presenter Blakk Rasta has added his voice to calls on Charter House, organizers of the annual Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMA) ...
Tema based rapper D Cryme has made a rather damning revelation about how Ghanaians treat their musicians when it comes to international endorsements. D Cryme who ...
Members of the Government and Hospital Pharmacists Association (GHOSPA) have also called off their two-month-old strike. The Pharmacists who work in public hospitals across the ...
A hard-line Muslim cleric has received an 11-year suspended sentence after tearing up and burning a Bible in front of the U.S. Embassy in Egypt.Ahmed ...
Most adults in developed countries favor gay marriage or some type of legal recognition for same-sex couples and think they should be able to adopt ...
A 98-year-old former police officer has been charged today by Hungarian prosecutors for abusing thousands of Jews and sending them to Nazi death camps during ...
A lovelorn pensioner has become a bride for the first time in her life - at the age of 85.Phyllis Cook walked down the aisle ...
File photo Parliament is demanding disciplinary action against heads of educational institutions who do not allow pregnant female students to write examinations.They are asking the Education ...
....Air Ghana`s "Unlawful " Operations Spark Litigation In Court!AVIANCE Ghana Ltd., a limited liability company registered under the laws of the Republic of Ghana, and ...
dailymail.co.uk : It sounds like the punchline to yet another Kardashian joke. But new mother Kim is said to be seriously considering naming her first ...
The Chase Housemates have been bitten by the love bug if today’s Diary sessions are anything to go by.The Diary Room was more like a ...
Self-acclaimed founding member of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), and former Chief Executive of the Volta River Authority (VRA), Dr. Charles Wereko-Brobbey, wants the leadership ...